At Bay East Animal Hospital we have a strong bond with our community and understand the importance of giving back. We welcome any opportunity to teach students and pet owners about the importance of providing their pet with high quality veterinary care, as well as offering support by fundraising and providing low cost veterinary care to several animal organizations such as
|A Cause 4 Paws
Bay Area Humane Society
Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
Brown County Sheriff K-9 Unit
Green Bay Police K-9 Unit
Oneida Police K-9 Unit
Leader Dogs for the Blind
|Red Cross, pet first aid classes
School Career Days
Veterinary Student Externships
Animal Resource Fund
Happily Ever After
Feline Rescue Group of Green Bay
Not to mention the countless animals in need of love and medical attention rescued by our caring staff. We are proud to have a dedicated team that is committed to providing exceptional care to all the animals that find their way through our front door.
Brown County Vest a Dog
Bay East Animal Hospital has been working with the Brown County K-9 Unit since the year 2000 to provide heath care, vaccinations and a program we designed called "Vest-a-Dog." Each year we put together a fundraiser to raise money for the care of the Brown County K-9 Unit and to purchase items that will benefit the dogs and their handlers.
For several years we have offered our clients and the community a "Dog Wash" and "Silent Auction". Owners were able to bring their dogs in and have Bay East Staff members, the Brown County Officers and volunteers bathe the dogs and give a thorough brushing.
At our dog washes we have offered a variety of special attractions, such as:
- Silent Auction- items from local businesses
- Bake-sale with human and animal treats
- Autographs from former Green Bay Packer Player- #94 Kabeer Gbaja Biamila
- Caricature Artist
- Local rescue groups and vendors of specialty pet products set up booths
- "Dunk a Cop/Doctor" - Officers and Doctors volunteered to be "sitting ducks"
- Demonstrations from the Brown County K-9 Unit were performed to show off their speed and precision when apprehending a "criminal" and searching for narcotics or bombs. This was also a good time for the public to meet with the Officers and to get some insight on how the K-9 Unit patrols on a daily basis.
- Booyah, hot dogs, nachos, hot dogs and beverages
Since the year 2000 our fundraisers have raised approximately $23,000. Each dog and their handler have received many benefits from the fundraiser including:
- Vests for the Brown County K-9's
- Training equipment - bite suit and sleeve, agitation sticks, muzzles, collars, etc.
- First Aid Kits
- Vehicle inserts to keep the K-9 Officers safe in transit
- Window tinting for squad cars
This year's goal is to purchase heat censors for the squad cars. Sometimes the officers are forced to leave their K-9 in their squad. We all know the hazards of leaving an animal in a car during the hot months. With this censor, the officer carries a pager that sends an alarm if their car has reached an unsafe temperature for their K-9 officer.
Meet the Officers
The Vest-a-Dog program is an on-going fundraiser for Brown County Sheriff Department. Clients and the community are able to send donations to:
Bay East Animal Hospital, c/o "Vest-a-Dog"
1475 Lime Kiln Rd
Green Bay, WI, 54311